Friday, October 22, 2010

Story-bird

Storybird is a special tool I discovered a couple of years ago. It is a website dedicated to people who love to tell stories and want to share them with friends.

The website is called: www.storybird.com and you need to sing up for an account.

You can then begin to search or browse for phenomenal art in digital form on the website and begin to start creating your own books. Books in different languages cannot be made directly public - but that is not a problem. You can simply send a link or share it on a website - the books will then be open to everyone who has access to the link and the internet.

I have made some books of my own as samples - this takes a bit at the beginning, but you can see my examples at the following pages:


You will see in my page examples that I have also taken the book pages, put them in a PPT show, made a small show of them and added audio files and video sample to follow along. Something that is also totally possible. It takes a bit longer than other ideas, but it is something very helpful and idea especially for younger students.